Saturday 16 February 2013

The Invisible Power of Love by Susan Cadley

“The heart is like a garden, it can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will you plant there?” Buddha





It was early in the morning and as I was out walking in the cold, I found myself lamenting about “always” having to walk the dog. When I caught myself in this thought pattern I asked myself a question to ponder; why was I walking Zeke? The answer came quickly – because I love him. By this time, Zeke was far ahead of me on his extended leash. When I had the love thought, he stopped, turned around and came at me full force, wanting to connect. This was very unusual for Zeke as he is like any other dog, following his nose. I knew in that instant what the dog trainer told me was truth – our thoughts and feelings travel down the leash.

Last year I attended two separate workshops where the power of sending our thoughts and feelings was demonstrated. Both facilitators used the technique of kinesiology by testing a volunteer’s arm strength as negative and positive thoughts were silently “sent” to them by the audience members through their thoughts. When a negative thought was sent and the facilitator pressed down on the volunteer’s arm, their strength was diminished and with a positive thought, they held strong no matter how hard the facilitator pushed. These volunteers felt our thoughts and feelings. With this knowledge and awareness, we have quite a job to do in keeping up with our thoughts. Love strengthens others and us as well.

Dr. David Hawkins in his book “Power vs. Force” writes about kinesiology and the energetic effect of our thoughts and feelings. He writes this about love; “loving is a state of being. Love emanates from the heart. It has the capacity to lift others and accomplish great feats because of its purity of motive”. No matter where you are on the journey or what your circumstances, you can always emanate love. If you don’t feel love in the moment and want to send it, think about someone you do love, person or animal companion, to get the feelings started. With just one love thought, you’ll positively change your own feeling state, uplift someone else’s energy, and perhaps change the world!

Susan is a Licensed Psychotherapist, Soul Coach, and SoulCollage® Facilitator and she is sole proprietor of Living From Within. Through counseling, coaching, and creative workshops Susan guides you to hear and live the messages held within your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment