Thursday 7 February 2013

One Love One Heart by Lisa DeYoung

OLOHOD_quote-colored

Recently my hubby and I watched Marley, the Bob Marley documentary. I was in college when Bob Marley rose to fame, and then died quite young of cancer. I loved his messages and I loved reggae music. Many reggae classics are still favorites. It was amazing to learn more of Marley's story in the movie. His short life was very full - of love, passion, music, people.

After the movie "One love, One heart, Let's get together and feel all right" rang through my mind for days. I'm still humming it.

I love letters and lettering, and recently I have been loving the the lettering of Lisa Congdon. In 2012 she gave herself the challenge of creating a hand lettered piece each day, and her 365 Days of Hand Lettering has ignited a spark in me – to push my lettering further.

I was so intrigued by her white lettering on colored backgrounds, and I did not know how she did this. One day when she tweeted a piece, I summoned the courage to send her a reply asking about her technique. She generously shared (thank you Lisa), and I have wanted to give it a try ever since.

This wee quote by Bob Marley is my first attempt. I had so much fun, and I plan to play some more.

In this month of love, I share with you my love & passion for letters, and playing with the techniques shared with the loving kindness of Lisa Congdon. I hope you enjoy my piece and also the movie of Bob Marley's life.

Wishing you lots of love...

Lisa, aka the mountain mermaid, is a creative, independent spirit who loves to explore and play outdoors. She lives in the Colorado Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Embracing her creative life is an ongoing adventure, and a journey that she loves and trusts more each year – and hopes to inspire others to do the same. She is also a budding entrepreneur with a virtual assistance business.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to celebrating your love of letters -and how it helped fuel the courage to ask and inspire Lisa's generosity to share. Every love can lead us on a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob is a bit of a hero for me, Lisa - and I too loved the Marley documentary :)

    So love your lettering - very impressive. I think I can see a specific service offering from you with this!

    ReplyDelete